Tuesday, August 29, 2006




A long day spent in the studio. Arrived around 11am left after 8pm. Cloud-lousy rainy day, a good day to spend time in the studio. At times, the fog and rain combined that I couldn't see the Manhattan skyline. Left around 5 to get a snack for me and Teddy, some salami, smoked cheddar and sweet crackers.

There is a lot going on with this drawing. I sense a lot of old stuff bubbling up from childhood. Not negative, necessarily, but just observational things, half-memories becoming full ones. Can't put my finger on it, exactly, but it's there.

Another turn with Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins today. Not a interesting as I originally thought. Did a spin with Rilo Kiley instead and enjoyed it somewhat. I am starting to think that Jenny Lewis may be a little contrived, yes? Most of the day was given over to shuffle on the iPod. Caught an old Herbie Hancock/Mwandishi tune from the complete Warner Bros. recording, "Water Torture." Just not good. There is no chemistry with that band, no sense of locking into something and moving forward. I had that album, mmm, maybe ten or twelve years ago and couldn't crack the surface. Bought it six months ago from allofmp3.com and still can't get into it. It's like stoned music made for people who don't know what it's like to be high. A beautiful Billie Holiday tune "A Sunbonnet Blue (And A Yellow Straw Hat)" fell right in my lap. Stored it away from future playlist needs.

No comments: