Thursday, August 03, 2006

Oh, this day was so fucking hot. Please Fire Elementals and Efreets from the Brass City of Dis: leave me alone.

Down downtown today to drop off my portfolio at 50 Broadway, for some place that billed themselves as "Brand Labs". The guard told me they had never heard of such a company. Fucking douchebags. That's what I get for seeking work on Craigslist. I sat and steamed in front of a a lovely circular concrete fountain ringed with flowers. I called my roommate and asked him to double check the Craigslist posting: I was correct. After that, I wandered over to Battery Park--with my portfolio in tow--and sat in the shade of a granite war memorial, names stamped out in granite. Called L-Bo about the show in Chicago. Arrangements are being made. We briefly discussed my disappointment with dating here in the Shitty Apple while I squinted at the Statue of Liberty. More I will not say. Another perambulation slightly north brought me to a little circular arrangement of semi-choreographed waterjets that the tourists where whipping through. I was tempted to do it myself. If only I didn't have to go to work...

In to work for the afternoon stint of boredom at work. Managed to score 189 on my cellphone bowling game. A new score for me to defeat tomorrow.

Home for beer and, yes, tofu. I get my beer (Corona in the summertime, yes, predictable but delicious) at Home Mark at 35 Ave and 30 St in LIC. The beer--as advertised--really is the cheapest in Queens--a full $.50 cheaper than you can get at the grocery store even. I also pick up a wee bag of Utz's BBQ Pork Rinds. I am disgusted with myself for this pork craving but I've found it best to give myself over to it for a month or six weeks and then, like any craving, it goes away for good.

Beer is gone. Now working on the scotch. Sad. I sit sweating. Soon a cool quick shower, then bed.

No comments: