Saturday, May 30, 2009





Friday: I went to work and prepared a few files for print--a book cover and a ToC. Sent those off. Packed up, went home, had a quick early lunch and went to Book Expo America (BEA) at the Javitz Center. My boss made me go. Too crowded, too much stimulation, too many people in suits talking loudly. But I got to see old Disney friends--Nellie, Hannah, Zatorski and Bass--and met up with Suraiya. (The first photo is a photo of her taking a photo of Clifford for her daily photo blog. How fucking meta/po-mo am I? Pretty goddamn.)

Left BEA with Suraiya, walked over to Koreatown and met Patricia at Seoul Garden. Ate delicious sizzling dol sot bi bim bap with seafood. Then a walk down to Madison Square Park and a long talk on a bench. We left so I could get a few Micron pens and a pad of Bristol board so I could continue the postcard-fest unfettered. Home to watch Land of Silence and Darkness by that Werner Herzog fella. Wow. Wow. That's all I can say. That Vladimir kid about two-thirds of the way through the movie made it all (disturbingly) worthwhile. I could watch that kid forever and do endless drawings about him. The clothes, the poses, the sounds and movements . . . shit.

Today: usual crap in the morning after 8 uninterrupted hours of sober sleep. Usual ride over to the studio. Three postcards today, uneventful but delightful sunset on the roof, etc. Gabriel showed up with the hounds, Worm and old Whatshisname.


No comments: