Tuesday, September 08, 2009


I was in the studio yesterday by 11 am. Stayed there until 8 pm. So a full day. Got in about three straight hours of Otis Redding before pulling out a few albums that you can play from beginning to end--Dark Side of the Moon, Millions Now Living Will Never Die, Winter Hymn, Country Hymn, Secret Hymn, Cease to Begin--and a few other new ones that probably wont make the classic list: Boris's Pink, Mew's No More Stories Today . . . I'm Sorry, They Washed Away. (It takes longer to recite the album's title than it does to listen to it. Jesus.)

Finished two drawings: the one I started the day before and yet another postcard drawing. I had the first (Silas sitting) drawing nailed down but then just blew it. It's still an okay drawing but I want to get the crosshatching to be part of the design--a way to define the form as much as a way to define value--and I had that in balance for bit but then lost it. I think I'm going to have to draw out the hatchmarks in advance rather than just jumping in. How tedious.

No comments: