Sunday, December 20, 2009

On the walk to the studio . . .



Long walk, slippery, very tiring. I was both sweating and freezing cold at the same time. I'm in the studio now thinking of unrolling a few packing blankets and taking a nap.

Got in yesterday before the storm hit and didn't go much of anything but flip through some books for four or five hours. Teddy came in, we had a few glasses of wine, walked back to his house to shovel and salt the sidewalk. Then over to Five Star Diner for some Indian food (chicken kebabs, a chick pea thing, curried something and garlic naan (all delicious)) and a couple of big Kingfishers. Then I walked home in the blizzard. It wasn't too bad except for a stretch of a few block along Northern Blvd when the wind and snow kept me from opening my eyes for more than a second or two at a time. Tuck myself in on the turquoise couch and tried to watch Eraserhead but couldn't stay focused; so I dozed on the couch until finally piling off for bed around midnight.

1 comment:

Calista said...

Shit, I love Five Star. You're so lucky to be close to it....