Monday, August 16, 2010

Horseplay (it's worse than you think)


So I made a new banner for the site. I'm trying to get this blog and my website cleaned up and looking all sharp before I get laid off from this job. A layoff seems inevitable at this point. I guess I should be getting my design portfolio together but I'm just so tired of pretending to give a shit about design, you know? I've been rolling along in the studio since the beginning of March and there is a part of me that would love nothing more than to get in there five days a week for six or eight hours at a stretch. Working like I do now--going in most evenings for three or four hours and then trying to get full days on Saturdays and Sundays--is too choppy. It's like trying to carry on a long conversation but having it get endlessly interrupted.

But I digress. I found this image when I did a black and white Google search for centaurs. (No, I didn't draw it, jerk.) I was looking for David Trampier's original illustration for the centaur in the first edition AD&D Monster Manual. (I found it, obviously.) I followed the image to this Star Trek fan fiction page. I'm not willing to read the whole thing but--from what I can glean--Spock and Kirk somehow get transmogrified into six-legged centaurs and then do it. Why? Why?

Ewww. Enjoy.

No comments: